Saturday, October 27, 2012

(10/27/12) Pumpkin Patch

Well, with all we had to do lately, I have completely forgotten about our annual pilgrimage to a Pumpkin Patch. I was so caught up in getting this crossed of the to-do list, it didn't occur to me that this is the last Saturday before Halloween. I did remember though, at 6:00 PM when all patches were shut down for the day. 

George suggested I go by myself and I looked at him like he had two heads. This is a together activity that we have always done. I can't just go by myself! So, clever me started brainstorming how to fix this debacle and it occurred to me that stores actually do sell pumpkins. So, off we went to Home Depot on Route 40 to see what was left. We were able to find some pumpkins to chose from. As always, George picked a little one and I picked a big one. Sutty came along. SO behold this year's Pumpkin Patch, complete with moldy hay bales and wilting chrysanthemums!

2012 -- Home Depot

In honor or my forgetfulness, here are some throwback pictures of our Pumpkin Patch-ing from years past.

2011 -- Crumland Farms
 

 
2010 -- Summer's Farm


2005 -- Summer's Farm

No comments:

Post a Comment