Tuesday, June 19, 2012

(06/19/12) Unsupervised Shopping -- Marsupial Shirts

George and I were up in Ellicottville, NY (pronounced Ellica-ville by the locals) at the end of May 2012. We'd heard about the coolness from some Bradford, PA locals the year before on our annual pilgrimage to the Allegheny GeoBash in Allegheny State Park and decided that we would check it out.
We liked the Sky High Park that is being installed at Holiday Mountain. Unfortch for us, the Mountain Coaster was down for repairs when we visited. Downtown Ellicottville was completely Mayberry-esque and we went in and out of shops, wandering. A few places reminded us of stores we've shopped in Cody, WY, which was fun.
A bike shop was sleepy in the afternoon, so imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon THE marsupial shirt of my dreams (a hood and a big pocket on the front). Of course, I bought it. Behold the Women's Coco Performance Hoodie in Raspberry Rose by Gramicci:

I've worn the heck out of this thing and I love it. So of course, I needed at least two more. When to buy... when to buy? When the hubby is busy at work!
"Cockatoo Light Blue" and "Deep Sea Blue" are headed to my house in a FedEx box as we speak, bringing my marsupial shirt total to a glorious 7. Can you beat it?

No comments:

Post a Comment